Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What Becomes of Words

Spiders web, silken strands, Words Entangle
Soft beckoning folds, silken robes of a Temptress
Geisha trained in the art of seduction
Words Enrapture

Straight forward, simply written, cotton Words
Natural fiber, honest and true
Words draw blood
Cotton words from a dry husk

“I’m just being honest”
You’re just being cruel
Rough, uncultured, simple and cheap
Like cotton

Delicate strands of silk
Words become frayed
Unraveled, slipping through my fingers, off my tongue
Onto the floor, you weren’t listening

Natural fiber, woven textile
Woven words, natural speech
A silkworm cocoon, wildflower dyes
The pencil is my loom

Words do not decay, neither does silk
Open a tomb, Bones still wrapped
Shimmering shrouds
Words engraved on walls

Your cotton will rot
My silk does not

No comments:

Post a Comment