Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Voting with a Conscience

I can not look a grieving parent in the eye
And tell them the shooter had a right to own that gun
So I vote for responsible gun laws

I can not look a hungry senior citizen in the eye
And preach to them about hand outs
So I vote for food stamps

I can not look a poor woman in the eye
And deny her affordable health care, birth control, and cancer screenings
So I vote for candidates who support Planned Parenthood

I can look a rich man in the eye
And ask him to pay a tax rate comparable to everyone else
So I vote for responsible tax rates

I can look a corporate CEO in the eye
And demand their support for the local infrastructure that makes their business possible
So I vote for a sustainable economy, and corporate responsibility


No comments:

Post a Comment